Saturday, October 9, 2010

Beautiful Morning and a Lovely Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrwhfhncPfM&feature=related

This morning I did something I've been meaning to do for a long time--I took Spike to Mathews Park for his morning walk. Mathews Park is about three blocks from our place and while Spike has been there a few times for shows and markets, we've never gone there just for a walk.

Today was the day. For the first time in eight weeks, I didn't have to work on a weekend. At first I was disappointed that Jeff was going away although he had planned it for months. Ultimately, I decided there was something nice about being on my own.

Mathews Park consists of several attractions. The small Fera Park is tucked into the left corner, a little too close to an adjacent gas station. The Lockwood Mathews Mansion on the right is the main attraction. Stepping Stones Museum for Children is currently closed for renovations, but we had a great time there in June with our twin niece and nephew, Jane and Ian.

Today after we walked through Fera Park, Spike and I were welcomed into the Center for Contemporary Printmaking when Spike poked his head in an open door. I enjoyed the Stepping Stones' wind chimes as we walked by. Next we walked through Devon's Playground and Pine Island Cemetery. I was careful to keep Spike on the main path through the cemetery. While I'm not a believer in hallowed ground, I don't want to disrespect anyone's beliefs.

With our afternoon visit to Taylor Farm Dog Park, today was a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYi7uEvEEmkon

No comments:

Post a Comment