Monday, October 25, 2010

Emerging

I've been in cocoon mode for over a week now. I've taken Spike for walks and the dog park, run some errands and had two tutoring appointments, but otherwise stayed close to home.

I did some good things--cooking and food prep, SAT practice tests and a little flurry of blogging activity. But, for the most part I've been self-indulgent--watching TV, playing yatzhee and rummikub.

But now it's been going on long enough. This is the week for me to get out and about. Yesterday on my walk with Spike, I felt optimistic. We were walking through the hospital parking lot and I saw two matching maple trees--the same size and the same pinkish orange leaves. It made me smile.

Later walking around Cranbury Park, I turned around, saw Spike and felt my heart open. Things can't be that dark if I have him. I've relied on him and of course Jeff. I just hope I haven't dumped on them too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment