Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cocoon

I've had a rough few days.

On Friday, the Florida probate judge rejected my interpretation of my father's will. The result--my father's wishes are being ignored. While I can certainly use that part of the inheritance that I will forfeit, the insult to my father is worse than the injury to me.

I've been sick since Saturday, weak, chilled and achy. I'm feeling much better today, but I'm still exhausted despite several hours of sleep.

For the most part I've retreated inside our condo. I played yahtzee, worked on SAT practice tests, read "The Myth of Bloody Mary" and watched baseball. Yesterday I walked Spike, cooked dinner and did the laundry.

I find myself wanting to cook and bake--tonight for dinner, I sauteed and then baked salmon fillet with ginger soy sauce on fresh spinach sauteed with garlic, lemon and wine. We also had sauteed string beans with red pepper, carrot, onion and garlic.

To use some older fruit, I baked apples and pears with oatmeal, butter, sugar cinnamon, raspberry liquor and orange juice. All in all, a nice meal. I'm already thinking about tomorrow. Marinara sauce, maybe some muffins. I need to keep busy right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment