Friday, October 15, 2010

Time Suckers

This morning over breakfast I took a quick look at my last blog post.

There was a typo. So I went into edit and found myself doing more than fixing that error. I made several minor edits to shorten sentences and clarify my points. I also added a few ideas as I thought more about the topic. Next thing I knew a half hour had passed and my morning schedule was thrown off.

Later when Spike and I were out on our walk, I got to thinking more about time suckers. Specifically, what are my time suckers? Watching TV is definitely one (especially reality shows); surfing the Internet is another. Sometimes I run into neighbors and hello's extend into long conversations.

Now I just can't say turn off the TV: turn off the computer: don't talk to neighbors. It's not cut and dried. It's the never ending need for balance--to walk the tightrope while trying not to fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment