Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Wild Weekend

This isn't among my favorite Dave Clark Five songs, but I joked to Jeff that Spike and I were going to have a wild weekend when he was away. I wrote about hyperbole here; now it's time for irony.

It was a quiet weekend. For one thing, we were in a seven day heat wave until today. It was easier to stay home.

I took Spike out of course. All week we visited the dog park in the mornings before it got too hot. Yesterday was the first day that it felt comfortable. It was overcast with a cool breeze. I knew it wouldn't last; within a half hour, the sun came out, the breeze dissipated and it got steamy.

It was much nicer today; so Spike and I went to an outdoor arts festival. Spike isn't the best arts festival companion. Usually Jeff is also with us and we can take turns waiting with Spike if necessary while the other checks out the exhibits. It was still a bit warm, so we skipped several of the vendors. We found a cool, shady spot by the Saugatuck River and relaxed for a while. Then we went out to lunch, sitting at an outside table. I had pizza and Spike had a meatball. Spike's a much better dining than festival companion. But he still managed to charm people in both locations.



No comments:

Post a Comment