Friday, July 19, 2013

Sharknado: Really?

Last night, we caught the last ten minutes of Sharknado on the SyFy network.

I guess this is like Snakes on a Plane; the title explains it all, and it was an Internet "sensation" before anyone saw it.

I was perplexed why people were riding a helicopter in the tornado. I saw the tornado, but not the sharks in it. Then suddenly a shark appeared. Did it eat the woman or did she just fall into its mouth?

Soon the helicopter landed, and it was all up to that guy from the original Beverly Hills 90210 (Ian Ziering). Next, I saw sharks in the tornado--whole bunches of them. Ziering threw some kind of explosive/grenade/something that I guess was the Sharknado equivalent of Chekov's gun and saved the day.

But Ziering wasn't done. He jumped into/was swallowed by a large shark, but don't worry, he had a chain saw. His friends see him squirm around inside the shark and then chainsaw his way out. And he not only saved himself, but also the woman swallowed up in the first scene we saw.

All I can say is that this film makes Plan 9  look like a classic.


No comments:

Post a Comment