Thursday, July 11, 2013

Car 54: Where Are You? A Classic

For one of my birthdays, Jeff got me DVD's of Car 54 Where Are You? Car 54 is apparently a forgotten classic. I wonder if it's because the show only lasted for two seasons. Maybe because the show only became available on DVD in 2011.

We've watched several episodes yesterday and today--finishing the first season and starting the second. The episodes are laugh-out-loud funny. Now we are watching one of our favorites, A Man is not an Ox. It's speculated that Toody and Muldoon have been partners for so long that they share a brain, like two oxen Sultan and Raja.

The acting and comedic timing are incredible. Fred Gwynne's expressions are brilliant. I've seen most of the episodes before, but yesterday, we caught one I've never seen before. It was a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment