Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Morning Musings at Taylor Farm

Tonight is fireworks night in Norwalk. Taylor Farm is an idea viewing spot, so I wanted to avoid the area in late afternoon/evening. The forecast predicted showers with stray thunderstorms at any time for the third straight day. I took a chance and headed to Taylor Farm with Spike around 9:30 this morning.

It was the right choice: it was pleasant, overcast with a cool breeze. As much as I enjoy socializing with people at the dog park, it's also nice to just be there with Spike. Walking around to the back field and through the woods was almost meditative. I was conscious of the birds singing and the scent of flowers and soil.

In the last two days, I applied for four jobs. My teaching and tutoring workload is abnormally low, even for this time of year. I need to make a change. While I have never stopped looking for other opportunities, I need to ramp things up.

In the meantime, I've been trying to enjoy my free time without stressing. I appreciate that I am able to make a mid-morning visit to the dog park. I need to take advantage of the time that I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment