Sunday, February 16, 2014

February is the cruelest month...

It had started to snow as I wrote my last entry yesterday; we got another few inches of snow and ice. I drove home through flurries this evening. My car now looks like a powdered donut. We're getting more snow Monday night into Tuesday morning. I think I speak for the most of the US when I say enough is enough.

Predictions of temperatures in the forties sound good, but I was fooled by predictions before. I'll believe the forty degrees when I feel them.

I have to give a shout out to our condominium super and his staff. Our sidewalks are clear (except for that one driveway from the garage which ices up at night and melts during the day.) The parking lot is in decent shape. But damn, we are surrounded by mounds of snow--some six feet tall. It's hard to drive down the street because parked cars are sticking out in the driving lane because of too much snow along the curbs. We can't cross the street for walks because that condo hasn't cleared its sidewalks. Snow piled up on corners makes entering intersections risky.

T.S. Eliot says April is the cruellest month. But this February has to be the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment