Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Bad Week

I'm not alone in feeling frustrated with the bad weather this winter. I'm sure we had more snow three years ago, but I think we had more bone-chilling cold this year.

This week we've gotten about a foot of snow in two installments. Today's installment added an inch of ice. On Monday, I had to cancel a class. I wanted to cancel today's also, but we have only one built-in weather make-up class. Plus another storm may hit the area Sunday night into Monday morning--just in time to mess up our next session. So I held class today, but got stuck in the driveway of one student's home. What fun--five guys had to push me out.

Mainly because of the snow, I haven't made it back to the gym. Just when I was starting to get into a good routine. Curses, foiled again.

In other problems, our building elevator's been out of service since Sunday night. I had decided to do laundry then. I'm not much of a football fan, and figured I'd be only weirdo doing laundry during the Super Bowl. In our building without the elevator, I'd have to go outside, down the front steps and walk into the basement entrance to get to the laundry room. I decided against that Sunday night. I wasn't able to do it during a snowstorm. Besides the elevator was supposed to be fixed today at the latest. We're still waiting.

I know these are minor annoyances in the scheme of things, but it helps to vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment