Tuesday, February 25, 2014

From Expectations to Frustrations

That sums up my last week.

It's not that last week was particularly bad--actually a few good things happened. It was that I started the week thinking it would be a quiet one, that I didn't have many obligations. I thought I'd have a lot of time to get work done on long-term projects. I ended up having four meetings with or about a community organization that I'm in, plus endless rounds of email debates about tactics for the organization.

Another problem was uncertainty. Snow (again) derailed one of my tutoring appointments which I had to reschedule. That made a snag in family plans. I was also trying to pick up a small group tutorial after the original instructor had to back out. It took several days to work out a revised schedule. Then another tutoring student asked to change his appointment. I felt like I didn't know from one moment to the next what I was doing.

I should know by now: I can't expect what to expect.

Now, if I only knew if that statement is brilliant or ridiculous. Maybe it can be both.

No comments:

Post a Comment