Saturday, September 5, 2020

A September Saturday

Labor Day weekend is here and the weather is beautiful. We took Lola for a long neighborhood walk this morning and saw our doggie buddies, Dylan and Jack. 

Then Jeff and I headed out to United House Wrecking. The iconic "store" (it's so much more than a store) is going out of business. I may have only gone there five or six times, but I feel close to it because my friend Elaine's family ran it. Jeff bought a book of poems by Milton. I felt compelled to buy something too. I chose a grab bag of religious medals which inexplicably included a diabetic charm and a Taurus charm. 

I felt ridiculously guilty leaving Lola alone. I can't remember the last time Jeff and I went out together without Lola. I looked through my blog and my engagement calendar. It was February 27th: we went out to dinner at Peaches with our friend Marti. Peaches was closing on March 1. About a week before that we went to Fat Cat before it closed. So silly for me to feel guilty. 

After we left United, we drove a few minutes to Lock City Brewery, but it wasn't open. We picked up Lola and went up to Heibecks Stand and picked up lunch and went over to The Redding Beer Company to eat it.  I checked beforehand that it had outdoor dining. Usually we get food to take-in and eat inside. It's always been dog-friendly. We made sure to get a side of bacon because Jeff told me that today is International Bacon Day.

We had been planning to go to the Wilton loop of the NRVT, but wanted to go to Paganos before it closed to get cooked lobster: I'm going to make lobster risotto for dinner.  After we got the lobster, we took Lola to Oyster Shell Park for a loop. We'll go to NRVT in Wilton tomorrow. 

Back home to watch a belated Kentucky Derby.

No comments:

Post a Comment