Saturday, September 5, 2020

Book 16: Writing Women's Lives

Subtitle: An Anthology of Autobiographical Narratives By Twentieth Century American Women Writers

This is another library book sale bargain: $1.00 and among the 19 books I had in house when our Covid-19 sheltering started. 

I picked up this book after Cleopatra because I liked that it had several short passages. I was exposed to many authors whom I hadn't read before. I really enjoyed reading Mary Antin (1881-1949.) I had never even heard of her.

I bookmarked another 11 passages--more accurately parts of passages that I will write about in future posts. Some marked beautiful writing such as a description of a family singing in the car on a road trip (that I read this morning in the last entry of the book.) Others marked insights that I want to remember. 

All in all, an excellent selection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment