Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Backup Plans

My first to-do yesterday was to go grocery shopping, but I had a fitful night's sleep. I woke up around 4:30, 5:30, 6:30, and 7 with an annoying dream rather than getting any kind of restful sleep. I blew off shopping. I knew I had enough food to make dinner though we didn't have breadcrumbs for the chicken Parmesan. Oh well, the prep was easier without them.

I was also going to clean the kitchen floor. Instead I helped Jeff look for his passport and then trashed/shredded a few of my mother's files. I rooted through the closet of our second bedroom. I put away teaching/tutoring materials, I got a box of things out for Goodwill--it's accepting donations again.

Today, I went food shopping, but realized the spill in the refrigerator that I found on Monday was not a localized spill, so I cleaned the whole refrigerator as I put away the groceries. I did the laundry (three loads) but the kitchen floor remains dirty.

As Scarlett O'Hara says, "Tomorrow is another day." 

No comments:

Post a Comment