Saturday, September 26, 2020

This Week in the Time of Covid

Time has always been elastic. That's why we have expressions such as "time flies when you're having fun" and "a watched pot never boils."

Covid-19 has warped our nature of time more. Since I worked part-time with a sporadic schedule, I probably had the easier time adapting to sheltering at home than many. I also had reasons to go outside with Lola. When Jeff was working from home, I had a feeling of separation of the week from the weekend. 

But mostly everything is off-kilter. It's hard for me to believe that it will be October by the end of the week. Despite the string of hot, humid days, I feel that we've somehow missed the summer. I miss art shows, book sales, and concerts.

Even each week seems longer. It seems like months since my last writing class: it was Monday.

Melissa my sister-in-law recently said something along the lines that we only go one place a day rather than going to several different places. 

With that idea in mind, here is a summary of my past week.

Monday: writing class

Tuesday: grocery shopping and collage/mixed media class

Wednesday: laundry and virtual suffrage lecture

Thursday: made a double patch of vodka sauce for Jeff's birthday, painter/repairman came over to fix leak in living room ceiling

Friday: miscellaneous cleaning, get dessert for Jeff's birthday, dog park Friday.

Imagine all the other things I might have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment