Saturday, June 19, 2021

A Late Spring Saturday

Today is Juneteenth, the first time it's recognized as an official US holiday. It's been celebrated since 1872. I've been trying to remember when I first heard of it. Maybe sometime in the last five years?

We didn't have specific plans for today except to go to the gym. We had a slow start and got to the gym around 11:30. I was a bit sore since my workout on Thursday. I never believed in "no pain, no gain." I was sore in the "I worked muscles I haven't worked in a while" kind of way. Today I worked on back, biceps, and abs and did a half hour on the bike. The bike was tough, and I felt a sense of accomplishment by completing the time.

We watched the Mets win the first half of their doubleheader, but lose the second. In between games, I took Lola to Oyster Shell Park. It was hotter and more humid than I expected. I'll get her out earlier tomorrow. 

It's a day when I wish I had accomplished more, but I'm okay with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment