Friday, June 25, 2021

Re-Thinking Morning Habits

It would be too melodramatic to say I am reimagining myself or transforming myself. It's more accurate to say I'm rethinking things. 

Let's start with my mornings. Recently I read that it's bad to have coffee first thing in the morning. I start my day with a glass of lemon water. The health benefits of drinking lemon water may be exaggerated, but a glass of plain or lemon water is better than drinking coffee first thing. Note to self: the lemons need to be fresh. I've been drinking concentrated lemon juice from a bottle.  Add lemons to the grocery list. 

I love lazy, laid-back mornings, lingering over my lemon water, coffee, emails, puzzles, and/or journaling. Sometimes I read or do writing other than journaling. The problem is I think early morning may be the best time for me to write. I often leave it to later in the day or evening. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

So I wonder how much do I have to change my morning routines. I did two weeks of time-tracking, and it will help to review those charts.

As it gets hotter, mornings also become the best time to take Lola on her long walk. Recently we've spent some mornings at Oyster Shell Park. It's a convenient location, not buggy, and there is often a cool breeze off the Norwalk River.  

I like to go to the gym in the morning. I envision a routine most days when I'll walk with Lola and then hit the gym. 

Re-thinking habits is is good, but I need to focus on my writing habits. That's the tough part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment