Monday, June 21, 2021

Musical Musings: Blue

The New York Times has this great article on Joni Mitchell's Blue with comments from 25 musicians on the groundbreaking album on its 50th anniversary. It's a fascinating read.

My first Joni album was Court and Spark which came out in 1974. Just Like This Train remains one of my favorite songs. 

I did get Blue later--there are so many wonderful songs on that album. I appreciated them, even if I didn't understand Joni's musical innovations.  

I saw Joni once in concert for her Both Sides Now tour. She included A Case of You from Blue as part of her set. 

Paul Simon was the first singer-songwriter whose work played a big part in my life. Then it was Joni Mitchell. Her lyrics flow throw my mind often. 

I just got out my Blue CD to listen to again.

No comments:

Post a Comment