Thursday, June 17, 2021

Midweek Musings

My last writing class was on Monday. I'm actually glad to get a break, because I need to see if I can work toward a bigger goal. I had wanted to review all my options in May and make a decision. In our last class on Monday, the theme was time, specifically the Dali painting, The Persistence of Memory. 

I wrote a story in the form of a statement after interrogation of a woman who is is Temporal, she can sense changes or manipulations in a timeline. I wondered if it could serve as an introduction to a novel at 406 words. Did it make sense?

My class liked it; I was encouraged to expand it to a novel. Wow. Then the joke: I have a month to write it before the beginning of the summer class. Tuesday, I wrote another 180 words. Well, you have to start somewhere. 

I want to bring in the Dali painting. I had an idea that the Temporals see someone/something melting around them if a time-traveler were nearby. Have to play with this image.

I'm intrigued by the prospect of this novel as a project for myself. Time for some serious writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment