Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Plan, Anticipate, Revise

In a recent post, I mentioned our plan to spend our anniversary at Interlaken Inn. I started packing yesterday and today unfolded our gift certificate: it's on 8.5 by 11 cardstock, was folded in thirds, and given to us in an envelope. 

Whoops, our certificate is only good Sunday through Thursday at this time of the year. I called Interlaken to see if they would honor the certificate on Friday night--no luck. Now, we're going up Thursday, will wake up there on our anniversary, and return home that day. 

I'm disappointed, but we originally planned to go on Thursday, thinking Friday prices would be higher. The person taking our reservation should have told us about the gift certificate limitation, but we should have read the complete certificate of course. I'm just glad I saw it before we drove up there on Friday.

It won't make a big difference in our plans, and if the weather cooperates, we may make Dog Park Friday. 

In this post so far, I've covered plan and revise. What about anticipate? Laura Vanderkam is big on planning things because she enjoys anticipating them. See an example here. 

I've been anticipating this mini-getaway. Luckily, I read the gift certificate, so the getaway wasn't doomed before it started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment