Thursday, September 9, 2021

Thoughts for Thursday

A rainy day, luckily not like last week when Ida came to town. We got off relatively easy then with a few leaks, although I was upset at the time. So many lost so much more. 

I think (hope) that Lola is getting into longer walks. Last evening we did a full loop around Oyster Shell Park, as we did this morning in a drizzle. I took her out last evening because she hardly walked in the morning. Lola has regressed; she's more fearful recently and doesn't want to walk around the neighborhood. It's frustrating. 

We're going to a potluck dinner tomorrow at the Merwinsville Hotel. I wouldn't normally go to this, but the speaker will be discussing forgotten railroad stations, and I want to hear his presentation. After some thought, I am bringing a curry-chutney cream cheese dip. I am also making a salmon cream cheese dip when we visit some friends for drinks and snacks on Saturday, after a celebration of life for my sister-in-law.  
 
I've been trying some new dishes to get out of a cooking rut. Some are successful; some are failures; some just aren't worth the work. Tonight I made Chicken Milanese a favorite I learned from Blue Apron. Unfortunately, for the first time I messed up and much of the breadcrumbs came off. Ugh. 

The latest New York Magazine has two annoying features: a three page cover that unfolds when I try to turn the pages and two magazines in one: you have to turn the magazine upside down. The Cut is the upside down magazine. It has an article "Good-bye to All Black." Subtitled: "New Yorkers, for the first time since forever, are wearing actual color."

I don't wear black. About 30 years ago, my sister bought me a color analysis for my birthday. It was in the time of Color Me Beautiful, but it was a more thorough analysis. I learned why dresses I loved didn't work on me. It confirmed what others told me about black and white (they washed me out.) I learned that colors I hadn't considered--olive green for one-- look good on me. 

I remember taking a class in New York City and a classmate told me that I was brave for wearing an orange coat. (Bitch.) Maybe I was just ahead of my time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment