Sunday, September 5, 2021

A Re-Read: The Better Angels by Bette Bono

Bette is one of the best writers in my writing class. Her second book, Fear Itself was recently published; she read an excerpt--the prologue--in our last class. 

Before reading Bette's second book, I decided to re-read the first. I remembered the gist of the story, but forgot details of some characters; it was definitely worthwhile to read again.

In The Better Angels, Bette uses 118 pages before her character even practiced time traveling. Then another 50 pages before Aggie went on her mission. I'm looking forward to her second book devoting more to the time travel mission. I wrote that I preferred the second time-travel book of Jack Finney because he didn't have to spend time explaining the mechanism of time travel. I look forward to seeing how Bette handles the same issue.

Knowing Bette's writing, it will be masterful.

No comments:

Post a Comment