Saturday, October 23, 2021

Author Speak: Fear Itself by Bette Bono

I have 50 pages to read in this book before I can count it as Book 25. I should finish it tonight unless I stay up late to watch the Braves/Dodgers NLCS Game 6. (The score is currently 4-1 Atlanta.)

Bette's presentation was great. She read two short pieces from her book. The first selection dealt with the way seniors are depicted in the media. The second selection described a rally in the 1930's. She also gave an overview of happenings in both the United States and Germany in the 1930's. 

Her presentation was similar to this one from her first book. Since this once was on Zoom her family members in other parts of the country could participate. I was happy to see other writing friends. I've been in writing classes with Bette for a few years and love her work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment