Sunday, October 3, 2021

Requiem for the Mets

Today was the last game of the regular baseball season. Unfortunately, it was also the last game of the whole season for the Mets.  

As a Mets fan, I'm used to losing seasons. But it seemed like this would be a winning season. The Mets were in first place for several months this year. The beginning of the end was an early August series with the Phillies. 

Today I wore my favorite Mets t-shirt. It's a blue v-neck with 2015 World Series, Destiny: the NY in Destiny is the Mets logo. I also wore a pair of my Mets earrings. If only I remembered my Mets shorts, it would have been a Mets trifecta.

I watched most of the Mets final game. They couldn't even manage a run in a 5-0 loss to the Atlanta Braves.  

Wait until next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment