Sunday, October 24, 2021

Book 24: Fear Itself by Bette Bono

I was too tired to finish this book last night, so I did it this morning. I enjoyed it. Here the time travelers investigate two groups active in the United States in the 1930s: America First and the German American Bund at the request of a woman who escaped Nazi Germany via the Kindertransport. 

This book is a sequel to Bette's first book The Better Angelsalthough you don't have to read that beforehand. She does a good job of weaving in the information needed from the first book without giving an info dump. 

I don't particularly care about the romantic subplot; it seems a bit too much, too soon for me 

Bette is now researching the Progressive Era for her next book. I'm looking forward to reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment