Saturday, October 23, 2021

Food Snob

Yesterday a friend jokingly asked another friend if she thought I was a food snob because I only buy fish from Pagano's and not Trader Joe's. I know she was kidding, but it got me thinking about my food purchases and frugality

I'm willing to spend more on food than the minimum. I buy some organic, I especially try to get organic, humanely raised meat and chickens. I spend more on things I really like: a local salad dressing that costs around $6, good vinegars, ravioli, and pesto from the farmer's market. As for ravioli, I'll continue to buy them. A friend thinks they are too expensive ($12 to $18 for a box of 36.) I focus on the fact that you get at least four meals from a box (depending on how many raviolis of course.)

Thinking about this later, I realize that I am privileged to be able to buy the expensive pasta, vinegar, and salad dressing. I'm also willing to spend more on food that I really enjoy. Some things aren't worth skimping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment