Sunday, October 10, 2021

Westport Library Book Sale

Yesterday my friend Cynthia reminded me of the Westport Library Book Sale this weekend; we went today.

I bought seven books:

1. The Mystery at Lilac Inn by Carolyn Keene (1930.)This is the fourth in the Nancy Drew series. I couldn't resist. I almost also bought The Secret of the Golden Pavilion; I regret not picking it up now. I remember liking it.

2. The More the Terrier A Pet Rescue Mystery by Linda O. Johnston. This looks like fun; I may give it to my terrier loving friends after I read it, of course. The author also wrote Beaglemania, which I have to read.

3. Wherever I Wind Up by R.A. Dickey with Wayne Coffey. When Dickey wrote this book, he was a New York Met, where he won a Cy Young award. I still have a Dickey t-shirt and have heard good things about this book. 

4. Chasing Lincoln's Killer by James L. Swanson. I just noticed this version is written especially for young people. Whoops. I'm not sure that that means, but will find out.  

5. Coronado by Dennis Lehane. This is a collection of short stories. Last year I read a collection of stories Lehane edited.

6. The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir. I bought this book even though I wasn't sure if I had already read it. It's not on my bookshelf or mentioned in my blog, so I assume no.

7. The Family Romanov Murder, Rebellion, & The Fall of Imperial Russia by Candace Fleming. I love reading about Nicholas II and his family

To update my recent library sale books: I have three Russian themed books, three British royal themed books, two TV themed books, two books by early 20th Century Black women authors, three classics, others harder to catalog.

I like having many reading choices close at hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment