Wednesday, November 9, 2022

A Voice Came to Me

Note: I started this post on last Thursday night. I didn't get far before falling asleep on the couch. I thought of backdating the post to last Thursday or Friday, but that doesn't seem right. Anyway I am finishing it today with Thursday's thoughts. 

I've been thinking about my story since Monday when we got our latest assignment to write about the circus. I spent about an hour or so on Monday afternoon looking at circus photos and jotting down the names of some performers. Since then, I've been thinking about my story. After dinner, I went into the kitchen to do the dishes, when a voice came to me. It was the voice of an older woman talking about political correctness versus just trying not to hurt people in using certain language. I ran back to my laptop and wrote about 150 words. 

It was a start. It didn't even mention the circus, but I knew that would come. 

This--a voice coming to me--that doesn't happen all that often, but I love when it does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment