Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Homebody, Housework, and Holidays

The last week-and-a-half flew by--one day to Thanksgiving. I made sure to put my order in with Whole Foods in plenty of time: a classic meal for four: turkey breast, green beans with shallots, mashed potatoes, herb stuffing, turkey gravy, and cranberry orange sauce. We've been happy with their food for the past two years. And it's easy. 

We always buy the dinner for four. The first year the dinner for four was only $10 more than the dinner for two. Leftovers! This year we have two joining us, so I'm keeping leftover expectations low.

I've been in a homebody mode for over a week after an expensive morning at the Farmer's Market, gas station, and liquor store. I've also been in a cooking mode. I did a good job with modified trout and green bean almondine, lobster salad, lobster risotto, lobster quesadillas, curried lentil soup. I overcooked chicken on a dish I've made several times before. D'oh.

On Sunday I concentrated on housework. The kitchen, bath, and hallway are clean. The dining area and living room are cleaner. I need to focus and finish. Finishing is important.

Monday was the last day of my fall writing class before we break for the holidays. I wasn't crazy about the prompt this week, but I wrote something. It's short--about 250 words (246, I just checked.) At least it was a good exercise in writing a male first person point of view.

I've already signed up for the winter fiction class beginning January 9. I need to decide if I also want to take the personal story class. 

Time to get moving--still lots of cleaning to do. I will also do a short workout and take Jace to Oyster Shell. After a few days of unseasonal cold, we'll see the 50s today.

No comments:

Post a Comment