Sunday, November 27, 2022

Thanksgiving Weekend Thoughts

I'm trying to figure out our new Thanksgiving traditions. Looking through some old posts, I realize that it's been longer than I thought since we've had a big family get together. Those days are over.

I was proud of myself that I ordered our holiday meal back in the first week of November. Holidays always seem to sneak up on me. It doesn't really make sense, but it's true. My excuse is that the sales and marketing parts of the holidays start so much earlier than the actual holidays, that I lose track of the actual dates. How does that sound?

Anyway, I was happy--no, I should say thankful--that the weather had warmed up this week. We had some rain, but it's easier to be thankful in fifty degree weather than thirty degree weather. I've enjoyed most of my walks with Jace this week.

Our dinner from Whole Foods was delicious. There is a but. After I brought the food home, I unpacked the box and put everything in the refrigerator. I wished I had paid more attention--the foods were closer to frozen than not. The dinner took much longer to cook than expected. I had even sketched out a timeline based on the cooking time of the various dishes. Instead I kept testing dishes and moving them from the lower to the upper oven to keep them warm. Oh well.

We were supposed to be a dinner of four, but our friend got sick, so only my brother came. Jeff and I had leftovers for Friday lunch and Saturday dinner. We still have some turkey, stuffing, gravy, and cranberry sauce. 

We went out to lunch Saturday with my brother and his girlfriend at a favorite, Sedona Taphouse. After lunch, we played Trivial Pursuit. Jeff and I each won a game. 

The rest of the weekend was lazy. I skipped the gym (sore right shoulder and leg.) In general, I was in a slow mode. (That reminds me of a description of a busboy's speeds, slow and stop--I need to remember that line.) 

I guess we're in Christmas mode now.

No comments:

Post a Comment