Thursday, November 3, 2022

Return to the Met

Saturday, I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art with my brother, his girlfriend, and her son like my last visit.

I hadn't researched exhibits ahead of time and was psyched to see a Tudor exhibition.

We walked in and I immediately recognized a portrait of Henry VII. It was fascinating to see originals of portraits that I had seen in books. I especially loved the miniatures and quickly recognized Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son. 

In addition to portraits, the exhibit includes tapestries, suits of armor, furniture, cups and bowls, and beautiful Bibles and prayer books. 

My only disappointment was the lack of Anne Boleyn--there was only one drawing of her by Hans Holbein the Younger. But Henry VIII had her images destroyed, so that explains it.

No comments:

Post a Comment