Thursday, November 3, 2022

Riding the Wave of Unpleasant Feelings

I'm feeling overwhelmed today. Telling myself (1) that I shouldn't feel this way: I don't have it that bad; or (2) it's mostly my own fault, does not help. I just have to work through it. 

The idea (and title of this post) about riding the wave of unpleasant feelings is from a comment on The Frugal Girl. Riding the wave of feelings is more active than allowing yourself to wallow in your feelings (which I used to advocate.)

I feel like I'm living in a perfect storm of mess. (Or should it that be an imperfect storm?)

It's been a few weeks in which I've neglected general cleaning (other than the kitchen and baths.) I have books and papers piled on the coffee table. And there's the whole kitchen cabinet problem. I'm making progress but things are still scattered (i.e. glassware on the credenza and other tabletops) and partially filled donation boxes. We've had four medical appointments in the last week. Plus I've still got laundry to do. Ah, the joys of domestic life. 

Jeff will be starting new physical therapy and other treatments.  Of course, I'm happy for this, but I'll have to devote some time to his appointments and treatments. I believe he needs me as his advocate.

I am spending a lot of time with Jace. I'm specifically talking about walking time which is a minimum of one hour daily, usually longer. I can't really complain, this is good for me and enjoyable in the recent great weather.  Even when the weather gets bad, walking will be good for me. 

I feel much better after writing this. Is this better as a journal entry rather than a blog post? 

Too late now.

No comments:

Post a Comment