Friday, May 24, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Nearly 35 million people will be traveling this weekend, according to AAA. 89 per cent of them will be driving.

That's what's become of most holiday weekends for me--traffic jams. That is also why I spent most holiday weekends at home.

There was a time when Memorial Day meant parades and picnics. I might have marched in the parade as a brownie or I might have stood on the sidelines and waited for candy to be tossed. I may be confusing Memorial Day and the Fourth of July, but I think we had parades both holidays.

In southwest Connecticut, we're having some bad weather (although nothing like the suffering in Oklahoma and other Midwest areas.) Personally, I'm disappointed to miss dog park Friday. But it will be a good weekend to stay in and cook and clean. I am also packing for the writers' retreat next weekend. I'm really looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment