Tuesday, May 7, 2013

You've Been Walking on the Edges of a Dream

I woke up with this song by Carly Simon in my head, especially the line that's the title of this post. It's such a great line and a beautiful image.

Sometimes I dream and I'm completely in that world. Other times, I have one foot firmly planted in my waking reality. If I have to apologize to or confront someone, I often dream about it before the fact: a kind of dress rehearsal. Recently, I was discussing Spike's real digestive problems with someone in a dream. Another time, I was procrastinating getting up for work, and dreamed I was in the shower washing my hair. I realized I was dreaming because I was using a shampoo that was no longer being made.

For a while, I kept a dream journal. I think I may try that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment