Thursday, May 23, 2013

This. Is. Jeopardy: The Audition

On Tuesday, I went into Manhattan for my Jeopardy audition. I had previously taken an online test, filled out the application and came up with five interesting bits of information that Alex Trebek can ask me about it I ever get that far.

About 19 of us arrived for the 9 AM audition. Jeopardy personnel took photos of us, discussed and showed videos about game rules and procedures. We took a 50 question quiz. After that, we played mock games with three contestants each which included contestant interviews.

We left the audition without knowing how we did on the test, in the mock game or in the interviews. I think I did well overall. I did hit the signaling device too soon and made a wrong answer. 

Apparently, we are all put in a pool; I'm sure they ranked us as TV contestants in some way. They took notes on our interviews and made suggestions to people who spoke too quietly.

I wish I had taken notes on the exact numbers, but getting to the audition is a great accomplishment. People in my group came from as far as Ohio and Virginia. I'm lucky to be only an hour away from Manhattan.

Of course, I hope to be asked out to Hollywood. (I'll worry about the time and expense then--if I get the chance.)

If nothing else, I have a Jeopardy pen, Jeopardy ear buds and a great experience.







No comments:

Post a Comment