Friday, May 31, 2013

The 2013 Writers Retreat

This is my third consecutive year at the Writers Circle retreat at Wisdom House in Litchfield, CT. I previously attended another one or two retreats here, as well as several at Mercy Center, and one on Enders Island. One year I even went on a week long retreat of the International Women's Writing Guild.

This retreat started last night and runs until Sunday lunch. This is my first retreat here in hot weather (90 degrees.)  I have to admit it's cramping my style. I decided against an outdoor workshop and miss writing outside.

I had hoped to have done enough recent writing to come here with specific goals for a specific piece. When that didn't work out, I brought several partially used notebooks, an artist's journal, Artist Trading Cards materials, and a folder with several story ideas as potential sources of inspiration.

I settled in a quiet alcove at the end of the hall under a large ceiling fan so it's relatively comfortable. So far, I've written two short blog posts, gone through some laptop files and revised two older pieces.

So far so good. Keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment