Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Weird Story

Once again Shakesville has given me the idea for today's post: a weird story from my life.

The first time Jeff and I went away together, we drove up to Cape Cod. We stayed in  Dennisport, but headed up to Provincetown for the day. Back in a Dennisport restaurant for dinner, I visited the ladies room. This restaurant continued its marine theme by labeling the bathrooms Gulls and Buoys. I was surprised when I emerged from the stall to see a guy in the ladies room.

"What are you doing in the men's room?" he asked.

I told him, "This is the ladies room."

He insisted that gulls were guys; I disagreed.  "Look, there's a tampon machine; this is the ladies room."

He then asked if I was in the such-and-such bar in Provincetown that afternoon. I was; that's where Jeff and I eat lunch.

It made for a good story when I went back to the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment