Monday, November 4, 2013

TV Time

Now that the baseball season is over, we have more time to watch prime time television. But we watch too much TV anyway, so maybe we should take this opportunity to turn it off.

But not tonight--we watched Sleepy Hollow. I've only seen three episodes, but I think Jeff's caught them all. We watched the pilot as a lark; it was interesting, and not as silly as I expected.

Haven't gotten into any other new shows this season, and we lost a few that we did watch. We liked Copper. Unfortunately, the season finale was also the series finale. Copper had a good mix of complex, gray characters in an unusual setting: the 1865 NYC neighborhood of Five Points. I'll miss it.

I watched The White Queen over the summer. I was disappointed with the witchcraft angle, but the show got better as it went along, The last two episodes were very good. Apparently, it was only intended to last for one season. The series ends with Henry VII winning the crown. The Tudors started with Henry VIII. I'd love to see more of Henry VII's story.

Our favorite reality show is Face-Off--now in its fifth season. The twist was veteran contestants competing against newcomers. I think an all star format would have been fairer. I also would have preferred to see the runners up from the previous four seasons. Two of my favorites, Tate and Laura, returned. Each had made the final three in his/her season. Tomorrow night is the season finale with the final three contestants: Tate, Laura and Roy. Roy was another season three contestant with Laura. He should have made final three that season. I like all three but think Laura and Tate are both stronger than Roy. We'll have to see what happens.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment