Saturday, November 23, 2013

Morning Girl

Morning Girl is one of Jeff's nicknames for me because I walk Spike in the mornings. When Spike first came to live with us, Jeff had to start work at 8. I worked at home doing freelance work, and had an afternoon job. I've also been a little more of a morning person than Jeff. So, it was only natural for me to assume the morning walking duties.

Currently, I'm teaching classes on Saturday and Sunday morning starting at 9. For the last few weeks, I've relied on Jeff to walk Spike those mornings. Either Spike was still in bed, or I was pressed for time.

Today, Spike got up with me. This is common because each morning he gets a thyroid pill (in a yummy pill pocket), a greenie and a greenie joint care (with glucosamine and chondroitin.) He usually gets his "breakfast" and immediately goes back to bed.

Today, Spike waited for me outside the bathroom as I showered. I quickly dressed and took him for a walk, around 7:15. It's possible that Spike just had to go, but normally he waits by the door if that's the case.

I prefer to think that Spike just wanted to ensure that he and I would walk together.

It makes me happy to think that.

1 comment:

  1. DOES MAN'S SINCERITY INVALIDATE GOD'S WORD?

    If men sincerely believe they know the truth, does that belief render God's word null and void?

    Eve sincerely believed Satan when he told her she could eat from the tree in the middle of the garden and she would not die. (Genesis 3:1-24)

    Did her sincerity keep her from death? No it did not.

    If men sincerely believe that water baptism is not essential for salvation, does that invalidate what Jesus said in Mark 16:16....has been baptized shall be saved..?

    Does man's sincerity nullify the words of Jesus.

    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.

    Should you trust the sincerity of your own understanding or should you simply trust in the Lord.

    Pride was Satan's downfall. Pride has a tendency to make men believe that their sincerity invalidates the word of God.


    SINCERITY WITHOUT TRUTH CANNOT SAVE ANYONE!

    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete