Friday, November 15, 2013

Joanna's Song Parodies

Last weekend when we were in Vermont, I suddenly remembered the lyrics of a song my sister (and perhaps her husband) made up about an imaginary restaurant, Pork and Cork. I don't know what triggered my memory.

Joanna had a talent for parody. I remember a lyric about her lawyer to the tune of  the Spiderman cartoon,

"Is he bald? Listen bud, he's so bad he wears a rug."

Her song that I  remember best was written for Jeff's friend after Jeff's bachelor party; the tune was "The Ballad of Jed Clampett."

      Listen to a story about a man named Jed
      His plane was late, so he didn't get fed
      He started to drink without any food
      Later that night he was acting crude
      Puking, that is.
      Well, the next thing you know, ole Jed's puked up his guts...

She definitely had a flair for music. I miss her songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment