Sunday, October 25, 2015

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Last night Jeff and I went to see Rocky Horror with a live show at the Maritime Aquarium. It was fun, but I was also disappointed.

First thing, the show was scheduled at 9; the preliminaries didn't start until around 9:20. We heard a few rules, waited longer, than heard a few more rules. The "fun" stuff, asking Rocky virgins to the stage, took too long and wasn't that funny.

The live actors were good; the commentary was funny at times, but mostly redundant.

Maybe I'm spoiled. The first several times I saw Rocky Horror at the midnight show in the 8th Street Playhouse in Greenwich Village. I remember the first time asking my boyfriend why that guy was in a gold bikini. He said, "You'll find out."

The 8th Street Playhouse is long gone, as are my days of living in the Village.

Current shows are a pale reproduction of the 8th Street productions, but are better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment