Monday, October 19, 2015

According (or not) to Plan

After an unproductive last week, I hoped to start the week off on a better note. But there are always glitches.

Yesterday morning, I opened a kitchen cabinet; a screw fell out and the door was hanging by one hinge. I was afraid if I let it go, the door would rip off the second hinge. I had to call Jeff out of bed to help me. We couldn't find a screw to replace the lost one and ended up removing the door. Another item to add to the to-do list.

Spike had two accidents, which required immediate cleaning and a mid-week load of laundry.

I tagged along on an appointment to see two of the WPA murals that aren't on public display. The person who had agreed to let us into the building forgot, didn't answer her phone and had to be replaced by someone else. It was only an extra 20 minutes or so for me, but annoying.

I spent about a half hour reviewing records of one student's tutoring appointments and finding an email I wrote to the office back in August which should have resolved the situation back then.

I know: I can't expect what to expect. 

Yesterday, I made a to-do list for the week. I listed 14 items--some were daily tasks ( e.g exercise, post on this blog. I did both today.)

I did two of three cooking to-do's. I made a double batch of flank steak and black bean chili. I also "fixed" the vodka sauce I made last week. It needed more crushed tomatoes and spices.

 To be honest, some distractions were of my own making.

Let's see what tomorrow does to my plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment