Monday, December 5, 2016

A Sunday in a Life

I was supposed to work in the morning, but my student canceled. Jeff went to visit his parents, and I decided to stay home. I had many things I wanted to do.

I got up around 7:30 thinking Lola wanted to go out. Instead she went back to bed with Jeff. I made coffee and wrote in my journal. Later  I made chicken orzo soup. I used some of my homemade chicken and vegetable broths. I sauteed some garlic, onion, peppers and carrots and put everything in the crockpot before I took Lola to the dog park. 

We got to the park around 11. Temperatures were only in the low 40's, but it was much nicer than I expected. Sun and wearing layers helped. I had hoped to run into two friends, but no luck there. We stayed at Taylor Farm for an hour.

I had lunch, added chicken and orzo to the crock pot, did some cleaning and exercised. I had gone to the gym four times last week; yesterday was a good time for yoga and stretching.

Jeff and I had a cup of chicken orzo soup as an appetizer. For dinner, I cooked duck breast, a sauce of blackberries, fruit juice and Grand Marnier, risotto (my latest obsession) with shallots, garlic, pepper and mushrooms. I added a salad of romaine, tomato, carrot and pepper.

After dinner, we watched The Big Lebowski and a few TV shows. I found myself dozing off again, went to bed at 11.


No comments:

Post a Comment