Saturday, December 17, 2016

Snow Day

Today is the first real snow of the season for us; I don't count snow flurries. It started snowing sometime last night and continued into this morning. We ended up with a few inches of snow, which turned to rain sometime this afternoon. Jeff and I didn't have to go anywhere. I had gone food shopping the day before, so we were pretty well-stocked, except for no beer.

I spent most of the day doing light cleaning and Christmas decorating. Jeff cooked a pork loin with carrots, potatoes, garlic, onion and apples in the slow cooker.

By the time I have to leave tomorrow, most snow will be gone. Temperatures will rise to the fifties--a bit of luck for me and my schedule.

The term "snow days" reminds me of school. Schools are more lenient in calling snow days than businesses. And you didn't have to worry about being docked pay in school.

I'm not sure what to expect of this winter; there have been contradictory forecasts. I'm hoping for decorative snow and no ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment