Thursday, December 22, 2016

Bad Attitude

Sometime between 1 and 6 this morning as I was trying to get back to sleep, I started thinking about how much easier it would be if we were going up to Jeff's sister's on Christmas Eve rather than Friday night. Friday would be a free day--a great time to wait for those last minute packages to arrive, cook, finish wrapping presents.

But this is a bad attitude. Christmas is a family thing--this is the date that worked for everyone--we did agree to it. But now that it's almost here, I want more time.

I admit I have it easy--I just have to make a few dishes (pumpkin apple soup, cheese scalloped potatoes and carrot salad)--and show up.

I'll do my best. I've finished my shopping. I'll get up early tomorrow to get the soup going. I'll do a quick workout then hand out some gifts. I have to take Lola to the park. Then cleaning and wrapping. Before getting our hair done. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment