Friday, March 27, 2020

Book Seven: The Wives of Henry the Eighth and the Parts They Played in History by Martin Andrew Sharp Hume

I had started this book back in July 2018 when I was waiting longer for Jeff at the dentist than I expected. I finally went back to it last week. The book was originally published in 1905 and was in the public domain. That's why it was on Jeff's Kindle.

It was an interesting book to me because I am interested in most things Tudor, but I did skim through some of the parts about all the political machinations. I read a few things I hadn't before: criticism about Katherine of Aragon's political instincts and her involvement with a questionable priest.

I was surprised that the author discounted the political impact of Katherine Parr. He was also a little harsh on Anne Boleyn, but I think that was expected at the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment