Saturday, March 21, 2020

Book Six: A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf

Like The Money Drunk, this book was on my shelf for years, though not nearly as long as The Money Drunk. I had started to read it or maybe the Foreword but gave up.

OK, this book was a bit of a slog. There were some great writing and insights, but it was hard to read. It didn't help that the first paragraph lasted two pages. Long chunks of text without breaks--sometimes three pages--made it tough.

Anyway, if that makes me sound like an illiterate Philistine, so be it. I tried reading Virginia Woolf before--To the Lighthouse--I think. I didn't finish it.

I've also been reading magazines lately: Real Simple, New York Magazine, the Smithsonian among them. I need to select my next book. Since four of my six books read this year are by Preston and Child, I need to mix it up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment