Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Midweek Miscellany



It was another raw, rainy day, although nowhere near as bad as Monday. Lola and I did two loops at Oyster Shell Park (it takes about an hour at Lola stopping-and sniffing rates.) We only made one loop on Monday. I was surprised to see 10 others walking around: most without dogs. If it weren't for Lola, I would have stayed hunkered down today. It was that unpleasant. Yesterday's walk, however, was lovely. I really needed it to de-stress.

I exercised for at least 45 minutes today. I'd been meaning to exercise, but somehow never got around to it. I made myself prioritize it this morning. It's been nine days since I've been to the gym, but it seems like a month. At least.

Jeff's been working full-time at home for past eight days. It also feels like a month. At least.

On Monday I went food shopping. Several people were wearing gloves and/or masks. I bought a pack of gloves but didn't open them. Not yet. Otherwise, I've been staying home except for taking Lola out.

I'm reading a book about Henry VIII and his wives on Jeff's Kindle. I really don't like reading on a Kindle, especially now that I've learned it's bad for your sleep if you read a Kindle in bed. The screen time messes up sleeping. I need to put together a list of all the physical books I have to read. I know I have at least 10. I'd like to revisit a time travel science book I started a few years ago. I understood the first chapter on Newton, but soon I was lost. Maybe I should re-re-read this Einstein book beforehand. I think I'll need something easier for before bed reading.

I'd like to make other lists: unfinished stories to work on, chores besides usual cleaning, Princeton Review tests I need to complete. I also want to reorganize my ATC/art journal supplies. I did a little of this last month, but would like to refine it further. I've been collecting clips again.

The photo at the top of this post is from Oyster Shell Park last week. It was a pretty spot in a field of bleak.

No comments:

Post a Comment