Monday, March 23, 2020

What a Long Strange Week It's Been

Last Monday was the day everything changed--at least for me. On that day gyms and bars were closed and restaurants were limited to take-out and delivery. And the changes keep coming. Wednesday, I learned I wouldn't be tutoring until at least May 10. On Friday, salons, spas, and barber shops were closed. Yesterday, some of Norwalk's parks and playgrounds were closed because groups of teenagers were playing basketball.

Going food shopping is an adventure: wondering what will be on the shelves and what will not. Today I found natural wipes, but still not bleach items. I found generic paper towels but no brand names. I got a rotisserie chicken but didn't see any other chicken. I went to two stores and didn't see any toilet paper. Luckily, we have at least a week's supply.

We're among the lucky ones. Jeff has gone from working at home two days a week to five days a week, making the money he normally would. I'm not working until May, but I hadn't been working much anyway. We paid off our mortgage and have savings. We just need to stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment