Friday, March 6, 2020

Positives and Plans

This is the third post I've started since my last published post. One was about art journals; I'll probably revisit that post when I return to art journals. The other post was basically a list of the annoying problems I was dealing with. It wasn't fun to write, and it wouldn't have been fun to read. I deleted it.

Instead, let's be positive.

The weather continues to be mild. For every cold day or two, we get four or five mild days. Daylight saving time begins this weekend. I heard on the radio today that there's no real reason for daylight saving--it doesn't save energy--and it messes up people's sleep and contributes to accidents. But I like the idea of longer days. Soon it will be dog park Friday season. It will officially be spring in two weeks.

I am planning to see an exhibit on Mexican Muralists at the Whitney Museum of American Art. I haven't selected a date yet--probably in the next few weeks. It will be a real artist date for me.

We received a gift certificate at Christmas for Interlaken Inn. We love this place, although Morgan's Restaurant has gone downhill. For us, the highlight of Morgan's was the night with this tasting menu. Before that we loved the menu options and all our selections. In the last few years, the food is still good, but the menu is uninspired with no specials. We've been very disappointed, and Morgan's is no longer our favorite restaurant.

We've also discussed other getaways. We want to move somewhere south of here in the next two-to-three years and have to explore areas. I want to go to New Hope, Pennsylvania even though I doubt we'll end up there. I have fond memories of day trips to the Playhouse when I was in high school, and there are many things to do. We have an open invitation to visit our friend in Baltimore. I would also like to return to Boston and Salem before we leave Connecticut.

I'm not sure how we'll juggle all these things, but it will be fun to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment